- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Before installation, confirm that your system meets the necessary hardware and operating system requirements. You can view the system requirements here.
The KeyShot installer will guide you through the installation process.
On Windows, the installation process will ask you to consider the following
- End-User Agreement
- Install for everyone using the computer or just for the current user
- Location of the KeyShot Installation folder
- Location of the Resource folder - The resource folder contains an number of textures environments etc. which you can use with KeyShot. It will also be the default destination folder when unpacking .ksp files. Learn more about the Resource folder.
On Mac, KeyShot will be installed in the applications folder and the resources folder will be located in "Application Support"
Installing Your License
First time you launch KeyShot, you will be asked to register a license. This can be a node locked license or a floating license. The standard node-locked license of KeyShot can only be active on one machine at a time. However, you can transfer your license repeatedly between up to three machines of mixed platforms. With a Floating license your company can have a number of licenses that can be used by multiple computers. Learn more about floating licenses here.
Node locked licenses
- Automatic Install When you receive your keyshot8.lic file, save it to your computer. Next, start KeyShot, and select Install a license file (*.lic) and browse to the keyshot8.lic file. If your license fails to install, check to ensure you have full permissions set on your KeyShot 8 resources folder.
- Manual Install When you receive your keyshot8.lic file, you can manually copy it to the Keyshot 8 resources folder on PC or Mac.
Transferring Your License
During the license transfer process, an Internet connection is required. Once the license has been successfully transferred, KeyShot can run without being connected to the Internet.
How to Transfer Your License
To transfer your license, ensure you are connected to the Internet on the active machine.
Start KeyShot and go to Help, Deactivate License on this Computer...
Next, ensure the new machine is connected to the internet and KeyShot is installed. Start the software, fill out your information on the activation screen, and press Next.
On the following screen you will be asked for your KeyShot serial code. Type in your information and press Next to finalize the activation.