- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
In this section, you’ll set up your master and slave service on the same computer.
The master is in charge of a few things - queuing jobs, holding your license file, and archiving all renderings, and setting the port numbers. The slave service utilizes your computer’s processing power and does the actual rendering.
Our licensing team will provide you with your activation serial code and the appropriate software links. You may reach our licensing team at email@example.com. If you have an existing master service running and wish to add the slave service, click here.
Please note that only one computer in your network should be configured as the master, if you need to have multiple Masters click here.
Master and Slave Configuration Instructions
Download and Install KeyShot Network Rendering. Follow the prompts and click Finish.
Upon installation KeyShot Network Configurator wizard is automatically launched. Select “Both master and slave mode” and click Next (PC) or Continue (Mac).
3. Selectlicense type
Select if you want to install a license file or use a Floating floating license by connect connecting to a License Server.
3a. License file
- If you have a license key, click Request license and fill out the form. Your network license should activate automatically. Otherwise, click Save license request, save the text file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for manual activation.
- If you already have a license file (.lic), click Select file, Browse to your license file and click Open to select it.
3b. Floating License
Enter the hostname or IP Address of your license server. If the server uses another FlexLM port than the standard (27000) you need to specify the port number, followed by the “@” sign and the server’s hostname/IP (e.g. 27000@KeyShotServer.local). Click Connect.
3c. Once the license file is recognized, the license text shows you how many cores the slaves (combined) can use for Network Rendering and when the license will expire. Click click Next (PC) or Continue (Mac).
Learn more about Network Rendering License.
4. Master Networksettings
- Choose if you want to Auto auto-detect clients and slaves. When Auto auto-detect is enabled slaves/clients on the network will automatically connect to the master, otherwise you will need to enter the masters master's IP and port information in their respective connection settings.
- Select the ports for the master/client connection and master/slave connection. Leave the default values if you are not sure.
Click Next (PC) or Continue (Mac).
5. Master Security Settings
If you want to be able to control who can submit, delete, and download jobs etc. you can enable User System. When enabled add the username and password for the main administrator, i.e. the owner or faclitator. Users are added via the KeyShot Network Monitor.
Allowing Anonymous users will let anyone on the network submit jobs to Network Rendering.
Click Next (PC) or Continue (Mac).
Learn more about User System & Security.
6. Slave Network Settings
- Hostname & Port - Enter the connection settings so they match what was entered on the master. Leave the Master host name empty if the master has auto detect -detection enabled.
- Process priority Priority - This will set the priority of the slave service in the computer. This is relevant if you are also running other applications on the computer, in which case a low priority will let the other applications use what they need of the available CPU resources first.
- Allowed Cores - Here you can set the default number of cores that are made available for Network Rendering. If you need to limit it temporarily, you can do it via the Slave Tray - see how.
Click Finish (PC) or Done (Mac).
7. Start Services
When you have been through the wizard you are ready to go. All you need to do is click install and start on the Master and Slave in the Service Status section of the Network Configurator.
5. You’re done!
Click Close to close the configurator.