Your network master is in charge of a few things. The master service queues jobs, holds your license file, archives all renderings, and sets the port numbers. The slave service utilizes your computer’s processing power and does the actual rendering. In this section, you’ll set up your master and slave service on the same computer. Please note that only one computer in your network may be configured as the master.
Our licensing team will provide you with your activation serial code and the appropriate software links. You may reach our licensing team at email@example.com. If you have an existing master service running and wish to make changes, click here.
Master and Slave Configuration Instructions
1. Download and Install KeyShot Network Rendering. Follow the prompts and click Finish.
2. The configuration wizard appears. Select “Both master and slave mode” and click Next (PC) or Continue (Mac).
3. Click Request license.
4. Fill in your information and enter serial code. Click Register.
Technical Tip: Your network license should activated automatically. Otherwise, click Save license request and save the text file to your desktop. You may send your request file to firstname.lastname@example.org for manual activation.
5. The confirmation page shows you the number of allowed cores and the expiration date. Click Next (PC) or Continue (Mac).
6. Confirm the master network settings and click Next (PC) or Continue (Mac). If you are not sure, you may keep the default settings.
7. Check Enable to enable the user system and create an administrator account. Also, enable Allow anonymous users. Click Next (PC) or Continue (Mac).
Technical Tip: You will be able to use the administrator account when you log into the KeyShot Network Queue. For more information, click here.
8. Confirm the slave network settings and click Finish (PC) or Done (Mac). If you are not sure, you may keep the default settings.
Technical Tip: If you don’t specify a master name, the slave service will auto-detect the master.
9. In the Service Status tab, click Install and Start to start your master and slave services.
10. You’re done! Click Close to close the configurator.